Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Technical Project Manager
Role: Technical Project Manager
Reporting to: Engineering / Product Leadership
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
As a Technical Project Manager, you'll apply project and product management best practices to contribute to the evolution of our technology platform. You'll have a huge impact on Product culture at StreamNative. While the company has been around for a few years, our Product practice is continuing to grow. You will be part of the Product team and have the opportunity to influence not only your project area, but the evolving role of the Product team and the direction of the business as a whole. You’ll own the complex project management across cloud and platform engineering teams, product, and open source as well as collaborate across all other departments to ensure efficient and focused project management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead complex technical projects within StreamNative as the driving force through planning, requirements, execution, and most importantly a successful delivery.
- Expertly dissect documents and translate the work into individual stories for engineering teams
- Maintain the broader vision of any project. Taking into consideration the direct requirements as well as the impacts to stakeholders who will rely upon project success
- Identify, communicate, and quickly clear roadblocks to continually allow the project to move forward.
- Integrate new functionality for our audience and and measure implementation success
- Communicate ongoing project status and deliverables to ensure team members and stakeholders are always informed on the project status
- Defined scope, purpose, and criteria for success of all projects and ensure that the right data is collected to measure both the progress and end results of each project
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers' point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren't afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style tailored to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: flexibility and leadership through times of change with the ability to navigate and resolve ambiguity
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in technology environments with a focus on early-stage startups
- Experience collaborating with and leading Engineering teams to deliver robust internal tools and services
- Proven ability to develop functional processes that are aligned to deliver the best possible solutions with a balance between speed and quality
- Ability to quickly navigate between the role of technical expert to support the engineering team and communication specialist to provide progress updates to business teams.
- Track record of delivering quality solutions to the business with a focus on ensuring the results deliver the highest value to the company
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.