Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
As a StreamNative Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be working as part of the StreamNative engineering team to build our Managed Pulsar services. You, and the rest of the SRE team, will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the StreamNative cloud. If you love messaging, event streaming and big data systems, enjoy thinking about how to make systems run as smoothly as possible, and you want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in.
- You have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first.
- You are driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
- Experience building automation to operate large scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preferred proficiency with Go, Python, Java and/or C
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you to save for retirement
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
- Remote friendly
- Flexible paid time offer