Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Technical Community Manager
Role: Technical Community Manager - Open Source
Reporting to: VP Growth
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
At StreamNative we work closely with the Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper open source software communities. We are seeking a Technical Community Manager to focus on our open source community.
Technical Community Managers sit at the nexus of how our products are used, what gets delivered to our practitioners, and are critical to the practitioner experience. These individuals are usually first responders to our community through GitHub, Forum, other online mechanisms, and play a larger role in our inbound product feedback. Technical Community Managers help triage and prioritize issues within GitHub for direct and immediate feedback to Engineering and Product, as well as contributing to and helping organize more long term product feedback. Our Technical Community Managers are part of our Growth Team but often embed with Product and Engineering teams because of the need to raise urgent issues and drive those issues to resolution.
Technical Community Managers use the following methods to engage with and gather feedback from the community:
- Discussion Forums
- Direct or group calls with practitioners
- Technical Demos/Tools
- Social Media
What You’ll be Doing
- Engage and communicate with our community, triage and prioritize urgent issues for escalation to Product and Engineering
- Help to troubleshoot and reproduce potential bugs raised via Github and other forums
- Help standardize and redefine our open source management strategy to improve developer experience
- Drive and coordinate community feedback to influence product roadmap
- Coordinate community calls with our Core Contributors
- Answer community questions on discussion forums
- Build technical tools and demos to help communicate key changes or integrations with our tools
- Coordinate with User Experience and Design teams to ensure excellent developer experiences across tools as they are created
- 3+ years in a technical role focused on cloud technologies or equivalent education
- Experience with Git, Github workflows, and actions
- Experience with automation or delivery pipelines
- You have experience with open source communities working with distributed systems and data streaming
- You are passionate about Developer Experience
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You have a customer service mindset
- You love to solve problems and architect solutions
- You have excellent people skills
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.