Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
StreamNative is helping organizations build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. We do this by offering Apache Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’.
About the Role
The StreamNative team is growing! We are looking for a technical writer with proven experience writing and editing technical content for software developers, architects, and operational support personnel. If you can transform technical content into a must-read and are adept at translating complex technology to meet the user’s needs, this could be a great fit.
In this role, you will develop technical content for our open source community and StreamNative customers, including product and feature documentation and course content for instructor-led and self-paced training. You will author and edit content that covers the architecture, design, deployment, development, management, and troubleshooting of Apache Pulsar software and StreamNative products.
- Plan, create, and update concepts, procedures, and reference content for Apache Pulsar software and StreamNative products.
- Perform audience analysis
- Translate technical content into user-centered documentation.
- Apply content design, structured authoring and user experience knowledge
- Write about technical subjects clearly and concisely
- Develop effective working relationships with subject matter experts
- Influence the design of products and processes
- Creatively use instructional design strategies to develop real-world and use case driven learning content that drives adoption of Apache Pulsar.
- Develop e-learning courses
- Develop graphic elements for e-learning (pictures & video).
- Record and edit audio for e-learning narration.
- Create content for the training website.
- Create test questions, activities, and exercises.
- Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to develop, maintain, and revise course content and other learning content.
- Interact with geographically diverse subject matter experts and project teams .
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical writing, technical communication, instructional design, learning design and technology, or a related field
- 5+ years working in a software development environment.
- 5+ years developing technical product documentation, preferably for open-source software products
- Minimum 4 years of instructional design and LMS experience
- Experience developing applications with Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper or related technologies.
- Development experience using Java, C#, C++, Go, Python programming languages.
- Experience with structured authoring and C/CMS systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate, 360Learning, and/or other documentation and training development tools is a plus