Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Customer Success Manager
Role: Customer Success Manager Department: Customer Success Reporting to: Customer Success Leadership
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented Customer Success leader to help grow our Customer Success program. You will play a key role in the growth and success of StreamNative, our customers and CS team members. Your team will be working directly with our customers, and you’ll help develop an outstanding program in one of its most exciting phases.
You will recruit and provide the coaching, mentoring and development that will enable both our high-touch and tech-touch Customer Success team to positively impact customers, develop skills, and grow their careers over time. In addition to recruiting, retaining, and developing talent, you will also be responsible for crafting and executing initiatives to increase our customer retention and happiness, identify expansion opportunities, and promote customer adoption of StreamNative.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead and scale the Customer Success organization, methodology, and team.
- Own the Customer Success vision and execution for a specific geography and product line
- Manage clear and quality-driven deliverables on a quarterly basis that showcase customer growth, trends, retention, and product/industry maturity
- Design and drive strategic improvements to scale processes, services, and systems to enable the team to exceed adoption, retention, and growth objectives
- Partner across the organization to deliver exceptional post-sale experience and outcomes for customers
- Be a thought leader and establish executive relationships with key customers
- Create a culture of accountability and execution through data driven strategies
- Manage, hire, and develop a team of Customer Success and technology experts who have deep industry and technical experience
- Respond to high profile, high-impact customer escalations in a fashion that inspires confidence and continued customer loyalty
- Active participation within the Pulsar community, contributing to planning, positioning, and strategy
- Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- A natural leader and passionate coach who inspires his/her team to elevate performance
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams, develop people, and link performance to overall business objectives
- Team player with track record of partnering with Sales, Growth Teams, and other cross-functional stakeholders to deliver results
- Demonstrated record of using success and services to drive sales and, more importantly customer experience, forward in an innovative and repeatable way
- Experience meeting and exceeding churn and contraction goals.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing demands. Experience scaling teams and processes
- Data driven decision maker with a strong focus on execution
- Excellent instincts and proven ability to interface at a senior level with ease
- Empathetic with a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy ideal
- Experience resource planning including account alignment, planning, and hiring plans
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.