Event Marketing Manager
Role: Tech Event Marketing Manager (Developer Marketing)
Reporting to: VP Growth
Today, data is the competitive differentiator for industry-leading companies around the globe. When we look at Uber, PayPal, Netflix, Pinterest, and other industry leaders, they are powered by next-generation data applications and data is at the core of their innovation and competitive differentiation.
StreamNative is helping companies to build the next generation of data applications with StreamNative Cloud and StreamNative Platform. Powered by Apache Pulsar, the StreamNative offering is built to support hybrid cloud, multi cloud, and on-prem deployments.
We are building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
As our Event Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the strategic and logistical aspects of both in-person and virtual events for StreamNative. In this role, you will lead the discovery, planning and execution of events, including speaking opportunities, to elevate StreamNative in the market. The role is responsible for ensuring alignment with overall company business goals and strategies.
If you are passionate about event marketing, have a proven record of project management and event success, and are a creative problem solver not afraid to “figure it out” when the unexpected happens, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Help drive StreamNative event strategy and execution. This includes overseeing the event journey from strategy to execution to post-event analysis. .
- Develop and execute events to help drive StreamNative brand awareness, thought leadership and lead generation.
- Help create a rolling 12-month events calendar aligned with the broader marketing strategy.
- Manage sponsorship opportunities that deliver results and KPI’s.
- Oversee event logistics including space allocation, risk assessment and management, technology, staffing, signage, swag, F&B, communications, content development process and agenda planning, and planning process.
- Review existing event marketing practices and propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Research and explore new and innovative event ideas, bringing best-in-class conference experiences. Stay ahead of industry trends and how they might leverage them in their programs.
- Identify key industry events to position StreamNative in front of the right audiences and to raise brand awareness.
- Ability to work with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Communications Pro: Exceptional communications skills and experience working in a highly non-siloed cross-functional organization.
- Presentation Skills: Strong presentation skills and comfort in presenting to senior leadership.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively/efficiently, prioritizes projects, gets more done in less time
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length & difficulty of tasks, set goals/objectives, develops schedules, adjusts for problems
- Approachability: Easy to approach and talk to, is warm, pleasant, gracious, builds rapport well, strong listener, puts others at ease
- High Adaptability and Flexibility: Ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- 5-7 years event management experience with strong integration of driving brand initiatives.
- Event marketing /planning experience in the advertising, brand, and/or digital marketing industry
- Strong experience in event management, engagement, and attendee experience.
- Passionate about event marketing with a proven record for strong project management and logistical event success.
- Consistent record of measuring important metrics and OKRs against event success
- Proven ability to organize yourself, manage your time and be a self-starter
- Professional and polished communications, with a sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Comfortable with domestic travel
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.