Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Role: Integration Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Leadership
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
As an Integration Engineer you will help our clients connect to our cutting edge platform. In this role, your strong skills in and knowledge of APIs, platform-as-a-service systems, and integration techniques will be put to the test while you help our clients maximize the utility of our products and systems, and engineer a transparent, fast process that improves our integration capabilities.
Integration Engineers on our team play a critical role in connecting interfaces, data, workflows, and infrastructure, as well as contributing to our engineering team culture. You'll bring your communication skills and unique background to help make ours a diverse, fun, caring and productive team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Help our clients connect to our systems and products through APIs, custom integrations, IPAAS solutions, etc.
- Equipped with excellent knowledge and understanding of our systems and workflows, you’ll thoroughly analyze the customers’ systems and workflows to design the best integration solutions possible.
- Identify and seize opportunities to reuse and standardize integration solutions, leverage integrations that may already be implemented, and take advantage of third party products, platforms, and vendors.
- Continue improving our APIs, their documentation, ease of integration and driving towards self-service, auto-provisioning, and automation.
- Provide structured, ongoing support as Spruce’s API and integrations evolve and develop
- Continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- You love building high quality integrations
- You are intellectually curious and comfortable learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You are thoughtful about architectural decisions; you value simplicity
- You are a great communicator, are comfortable presenting to external parties if required, and you take care to understand before making yourself understood
- You thrive in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- You have 3+ years of experience in building integrations, or you have done this at at least two different companies
- You have a thorough understanding of APIs, protocols, and data and workflow integrations
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.