Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
Role: Recruiter Department: People Operations Reporting to: Head of People
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
We are on an exciting journey of growth at StreamNative- and we’re looking to bring aboard our first Recruiter to come help us grow. We’re looking for a tenacious individual who has expertise in not only sourcing, interviewing, and hiring great talent, but someone who also is passionate about crafting a world-class recruiting and candidate experience. That includes being hands-on in actively recruiting for both technical and non-technical roles, but also helping to build the recruiting infrastructure and processes to help make our recruiting practice an amazing one. The ideal individual will be equally comfortable and adept at tactically getting things done as well as crafting recruiting strategies and processes. They should be metrics and process-driven as well as exhibit a high EQ and measure for cultural fit. Last, but not least, they should be an amazing representative and shepherd of the company and our culture.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage end-to-end recruiting process including; talent research, sourcing, candidate assessment and management, offer recommendations, negotiation and acceptance.
- Recruit for all roles across both technical and non-technical roles and for all levels of the company.
- Develop and employ effective sourcing strategies that deliver strong and diverse talent for current and future needs
- Partner strategically with hiring teams to set expectations and develop consistent interview processes that lead to quality hires
- Train hiring managers, interview teams, and all relevant employees on interview processes, properly assessing, and delivering an exemplary candidate experience.
- Partner with the People Team on developing recruiting processes, measurements, playbooks, and training.
- Continue to build innovative approaches in attracting talent through new ways of recruiting
- Provide a consistent and positive candidate experience throughout the entire recruiting process with proactive communication and engagement.
- Optimize our Applicant Tracking System experience to garner the optimal process and results for speed and effectiveness
- Become the subject matter expert on the business/client you support
- Build Employment Branding initiatives that attract top talent while leveraging our industry community for talent
- Minimum 5+ years experience in full-cycle recruiting
- Experience recruiting and scaling early-stage startups from Seed-stage to Series-C
- Adept at recruiting for a highly-technical and complex SaaS company
- Experience in and passion for inclusive recruiting and D&I sourcing
- Experience recruiting for a high volume and variety of roles and levels
- Exhibits a high level of communication expertise - both written as well as verbal. Has an energy and communication effectiveness that can properly shepherd company culture.
- Experience collaborating successfully with hiring managers to create job descriptions, interview process, and interview assessment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with track record of building positive relationships
- Ability to utilize data to influence the business and backup recruiting goals
- Experience sourcing passive candidates via ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Ability to prioritize shifting demands in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution-oriented
- Exhibits strong team collaboration skills, has low-ego, and and is a joy to work with
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.