StreamNative is helping organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
As a Solutions Architect (SA), you will help customers leverage messaging and streaming architectures and applications to achieve their business results. In this role, you will interact directly with customers to provide software architecture, design, and operations expertise that leverages your deep knowledge of and experience in Apache Pulsar, the StreamNative Cloud, and complementary systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Presto, relational and NoSQL databases. You will develop and advocate best practices, gather and validate critical product feedback, and help customers overcome their operational challenges.
Throughout all these interactions, you will build a strong relationship with your customer in a very short space of time, ensuring exemplary delivery standards. You will have the opportunity to help customers build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure, in partnership with colleagues who are widely recognized as industry leaders, as well as optimizing and debugging customers existing deployments.
- Helping a customer determine his/her platform and/or application strategy for moving to a real-time, streaming-based business. Such engagements often involve remote preparation; presenting an onsite or remote workshop for the customer’s architects, developers, and operations teams; investigating (with Engineering and other coworkers) solutions to difficult challenges; and writing a recommendations summary doc.
- Providing feedback to the StreamNative Product and Engineering groups
- Building tooling for another team or the wider company to help us push our technical boundaries and improve our ability to deliver consistently with high quality
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles, including reference architecture materials and design patterns based customer experiences.
- Honing your skills, building applications, or trying out new product features.
- Participating in community and industry events.
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions, ideally using Apache Pulsar or Apache Kafka.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple B2B infrastructure software development projects, including driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention.
- Experience operating Linux.
- Experience using cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) for running high-throughput systems.
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience with distributed systems (Pulsar, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.).
- Proficiency in Java.
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems, and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience helping customers build Apache Pulsar or Apache Kafka solutions alongside Hadoop technologies, relational, NoSQL, and NewSQL databases, message queues, and related products.
- Experience with Python, or Go.
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up.
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity.
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you to save for retirement
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
- Remote friendly
- Flexible paid time off