Build Pulsar with the team that builds Pulsar ®
StreamNative was founded by the original developers of Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper. Our mission is to help companies around the world build real-time event streams in order to unlock the power and insights of their enterprise data.
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and BookKeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
As a Developer Advocate for StreamNative, you will help developers be successful using Apache Pulsar and StreamNative Cloud and feel awesome while they do it. During the pandemic, you won’t travel much, but you will engage with the community online and build compelling content from home. You’re eager to be part of a diverse team with big goals, and you have an unremittingly positive attitude. Ultimately, you will help developers achieve our mission: to build a cloud-native messaging and streaming platform and put it at the heart of every company.
- Engage online and in person (when possible) with the community of developers, devops professionals, and other distributed systems enthusiasts around the world, teaching and inspiring them to apply Pulsar and the cloud-native event streaming technologies more effectively.
- Write sample code, build creative new conference talks, make screencasts, make compelling tutorial videos, and write some of the best blog posts the messaging and streaming world has ever seen.
- Deliver talks at conferences and meetups.
- Help other developers by interacting on Pulsar & StreamNative community channels: Slack, Stack Overflow, Twitter, Github, or places where developers come for help online.
- Represent the developer community to the StreamNative product and engineering teams, making sure that everything we build is easy to learn and use.
- Creative and passionate about open-source projects and the open-source community.
- Knowledgeable of open-source data technologies.
- A people person who loves to network, connect, and engage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven record of open-source participation. Ability to persuade and influence others to join the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science. A graduate degree is a plus.
- 5+ years working with open-source projects either as a developer or an evangelist.
- Ability to code in Java.
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Pulsar, Kafka, RabbitMQ, and ActiveMQ, and open APIs and standards such as JMS and AMQP is desirable.
- Knowledge of data analytics technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Storm, and Kafka Streams.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you to save for retirement
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
- Remote friendly
- Flexible paid time off