Apache Flink x Pulsar Virtual Meetup: Streaming SQL at Uber and Facebook - Day One
We are thrilled to host the first-ever Apache Flink x Pulsar meetup! The meetup is a two-day virtual event co-hosted by Uber, Ververica, and StreamNative, this video is the recording of our Day-1 sharing.
You will learn about how Uber and Facebook build and optimize their streaming SQL-based applications for unified processing. Additionally, speakers from Ververica and StreamNative will bring you up to date about the latest collaboration between the Flink and Pulsar communities on an integrated end-to-end streaming query solution for real-time data ingestion and analysis.
- 0:00 - 0:05 - Opening - Girish Galiga (Uber)
- 0:05 - 0:35 - Streaming SQL at Uber (with Q&A) - Zhenqiu Huang & Zhongting Hu (Uber)
- 0:35 - 1:05 - When Flink SQL Meets Apache Pulsar in StreamNative Cloud (with Q&A) - Neng Lu (StreamNative)
- 1:05 - 1:30 - Additional Q&A with speakers and networking
- Talk: Streaming SQL at Uber - Zhenqiu Huang Software Engineer at Uber,Zhongting Hu Software Engineer at Uber
- AthenaX is the self service Streaming SQL platform at Uber. It has been using Flink SQL for unified processing for more than 3 years. To improve the usability of the platform and productivity of our users, we initialized the effort of running Presto SQL in AthenaX. In the talk, we will present our experience and the initial evaluation of building Streaming applications with Presto SQL and our platform improvements in AthenaX.
- Talk: When Flink SQL Meets Apache Pulsar in StreamNative Cloud - Neng Lu, Software Engineer at StreamNativeSlides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/...
Flink SQL provides an intuitive abstraction for data analysts to explore large-scale real-time data since its first release in Flink 1.1.0. Apache Pulsar is the new norm for cloud-native messaging and streaming. As the industry goes towards cloud-native, there's a growing need of combining these two successful Apache projects in the cloud to provide an integrated end-to-end streaming query solution for real-time data ingestion and analysis.In this talk, we will talk about how StreamNative combines Flink SQL and Apache Pulsar in a cloud-native way to help facilitate real-time data analytics and improve efficiency by orders of magnitude for customers.
No items found.
Our strategies and tactics delivered right to your inbox