We are excited to announce our amazing speakers for Pulsar Summit North America 2023!
Join the Apache Pulsar community in person on October 25 at the Hotel Nikko for a full day of knowledge sharing, exciting announcements, and connecting with the vibrant Pulsar community.
The Pulsar Summit gathers developers, architects, and data engineers to discuss the latest in real-time data streaming and message queuing. Past Pulsar Summits have featured more than 200 interactive sessions presented by tech leaders from Intuit, Micro Focus, Salesforce, Splunk, Verizon Media, Tencent, and more. The Summits garnered 2,000+ global attendees representing top technology, fintech, and media companies, such as Google, Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, American Express, LEGO, Athena Health, Paypal, and many more.
Full agenda here
This year, Pulsar Summit North America will include tech deep dives, adoption stories, best practices, and insights into Pulsar’s global adoption and thriving community. Take a sneak peek below at a few of the featured sessions:
1. Streaming Machine Learning with Flink, Pulsar & Iceberg
David Christle, Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Discord Inc.
Learn how Discord leverages Pulsar along with Flink and Iceberg to power real-time machine learning applications for fighting abuse at scale & keeping over 150M active users safe. Together, the three technologies unlock faster feature engineering, backfilling, point-in-time accuracy, and minimize offline-online skew, making this architecture compelling for practical real-time ML in production.
2. The CAP Dilemma of Cloud-based Streaming Data Systems: Cost, Availability, Performance
Sijie Guo, Co-founder and CEO, StreamNative
Navigating the selection of a suitable streaming data technology for the cloud can be complex due to the myriad of factors involved. Among these, Cost, Availability, and Performance stand out as pivotal. Yet, a streaming data system in the cloud typically allows optimization in only two of these areas at once. In this session, we'll delve into the evolved CAP paradigm for Streaming Data systems in the cloud, analyze the behavior of various streaming data systems, and explore how Pulsar offers versatile solutions to cater to diverse needs.
3. A Journey to Deploy Pulsar on Cisco's Cloud Native IoT Platform
Alec Hothan, Principal Engineer, Cisco
Chandra Ganguly, Senior Director, Software Engineering, Cisco
Learn how Cisco, with one of the largest IoT platforms in the world, modernized this platform to be cloud native GitOps where Pulsar is replacing legacy message queue services and is deployed to multiple Kubernetes clusters. Discover how leveraging Pulsar contributed to dramatic performance improvement, operational overhead and OPEX reduction, including how they addressed disaster recovery, integrating with the cloud native platform, and integrating with the CI/CD pipeline to allow seamless and fast Pulsar upgrades from the time a new release is available to rolling upgrades on test and production clusters using FluxCD.
Two ways to participate:
- Sign up to attend.
- Become a sponsor! Learn how your company can stand out as a thought leader and be highly visible to the Apache Pulsar community by becoming a Summit Sponsor. Secure your spot while they’re available here!
- Apache Pulsar Training: Take the self-paced Pulsar courses or instructor-led Pulsar training developed by the original creators of Pulsar. This will get you started with Pulsar and help accelerate your learning.
- Meet the Apache Pulsar community: Subscribe to the Pulsar mailing lists for user-related or Pulsar development discussions. You can also join the Pulsar Slack for quick questions or join discussions on specialized topics.